Sunday, December 13, 2009

online classes

This was my first experience with an online class. I was surprised at the amount of interaction there is with other students. I don’t think online learning will ever completely replace classroom learning. I think you must be extremely disciplined to handle online learning. There are too many distractions for most students to stay focused on classes like this. Adults that go back to school can handle this better, I think. This option is great for students that suffer from disabilities who might struggle to get around a big campus. Just as there are students that need the classroom environment, there are also professors that need the structured classroom as well. It would be very difficult for me to survive school if all classes were online.

I think colleges will be forced to offer more and more classes online in order to hold down the costs of operating colleges. The use of computers and the internet hinders communication skills. I can see where students that don’t have great social skills would feel that online is a great option. Classroom settings help students develop these skills and prepare them for their future in the work place. I do not think online classes should be a requirement for all students to participate in. This should remain an individual choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment