Monday, November 9, 2009

Code of Honesty

I believe that dishonesty is a huge problem on college campuses. I think a lot of it is that this generation of kids do not really see a problem in it. They have heard all the sayings, "the only person you are cheating is yourself", but they simply do not care. Having honesty codes on college campuses is a great idea, but is it logical, I'm not sure. Many people if they are already dishonest then what is going to keep them from still cheating? They will just sign the code and keep doing what they have been doing. To some people, signing a code of honesty weighs heavy on their conscience and will prevent them from cheating. I do not think having a code of honesty would hurt, it could help, but I do not see it making a huge impact on the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment