Politics is not something I like to talk about. People are so opinionated about candidates and their stand on issues that it makes me uncomfortable. I avoid getting involved in political conversations. I am willing to listen and form my own opinion, but I do not want someone trying to force their opinion on me.
I have decided to use the Crooks and Liars from the Democratic side and Just One Minute from the Republic side. These blogs, just like political ads love to resort to name calling and finger pointing. Arrogance and sarcasm are also used to get their points across.
This past Friday, the winner of the Nobel Piece Prize was announced. For me, it was a shock when I heard that President Barrack Obama was the winner. What has he done to receive this award and the $1.4 million that goes along with it?
The left wants people to understand what it takes to be nominated and win this award. They defend the selection by trying to make people understand that the Nobel Peace Prize is awarded sometimes for a person’s efforts to promote peace, not what they have accomplished.
The right feels that Obama had only been in office two weeks when the nominations had to be made. Therefore, he had done nothing to deserve the award. They feel this administration is all about him and not necessarily what is best for our country.
Personally, I don’t think he deserved the award. What did the nominating committee base their decision on – campaign promises? Maybe they thought by the time the winner was announced, some of those promises would be kept. Maybe they just thought by giving him this award, he would be forced to be the peacemaker he says he is. I think this award will probably have a negative impact on our country and his administration. Unfortunately, our service men and women may be the ones that suffer the most for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment