Wind farms, I think are a very intelligent idea. Although, like most inventions, some people do not approve or like the idea. I think this is a great way to help the Earth. Some of the pros are, if we use more of these for electricity and energy it will help stop all the poluting. It will not cost as much to have electricity becuase all you need is wind, and wind is free. Wind can never run out like oil, and coal. An article I read did say that most of the repairs required for a wind turbine are caused by lightining. I can see where this could occur since these are very large and tall. But, the way I look at it, look how many trees are on this earth are they all struck by lightining? No, so I think this is a chance you have to take. Also, it is not always windy so many people suggest solar panels to help with electricity on non windy days or weeks. The use of wind energy itself would not cost that much money, but solar panels are pricey. A 224 watt panel cost around 1800 dollars. Some homes could use up to 40,000 watts a day. It is necessary to check your past electric bills to decide how much your house uses on average a day. Solar panels also have to be replaced over time, and if repair is needed it can be very expensive. So, yes I believe that wind energy can be very helpful. It could be costly at first getting started due to need for alternate energy sources when there is no wind, but I believe in the long run will save lots of money.
sources:
Perry, Z. "Advantages and Disadvantages of Wind Power." HubPages. Web. 25 Oct. 2009. <
http://hubpages.com/hub/advantages-disadvantages-wind>.
Solar Panels. Web. 25 Oct. 2009.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment